On October 8, 2022, Katie took the opportunity to move to a new address where her many talents will be utilized by her beloved Savior. It seems that Jesus needs a top-notch interior designer to help spruce up heaven and a add splash of color to his kingdom’s halls. Additionally, he will likely tap Katie to spend time in his wonderful gardens and among the trees – the places she loves best of all. It would not be surprising to Katie’s kids if she sets up a kitchen and starts cooking and canning God’s abundant, beautiful fruits and veggies. She was a great gardener and cook while here on earth, and there is no doubt she will carry on in heaven. There is some question however who she will get to do the garden weeding, pecan and pea shelling and cucumber harvesting given her 3 kids are still here and not yet ready to make the move.
Katie’s three kids were almost enough “built-in” help for her to stay on top of her earthly gardening and many responsibilities which included:
- Wife –
- Robert (Bob) Snow had the privilege of holding the esteemed role of husband last before departing for heaven in 2016. Bob is rejoicing in the sweet reunion with Katie and is looking forward to one of her heavenly homemade apple pies!
- Mother – of 3 unruly and diverse personalities that all tried her patience from time to time…
- Robert Paul Merworth – born 1955. Savoy, Texas
- Kem Merworth Butler – born 1957. Castle Rock, Colorado
- Kevin Lee Merworth – born 1959. Savoy, Texas
- None of her earthly endeavors were more important to her than motherhood – the job she embraced 1000% and never relinquished! She demonstrated love, values, discipline, faith, connection, and dedication in her effort to raise ‘em right. For the most part, her efforts paid off…!
- And she was motherly to many many, more always offering advice and words of wisdoms, and the parting “be safe” to everyone with every farewell or goodbye!
- Homemaker, professional, friend, fashionista, card shark and church lady!
- Boy she could cook! She loved nothing more than having family around her dining room table for an evening meal or holiday celebration. “Breaking bread” at her table was a real pleasure and there was always either her hot fresh yeast rolls, buttery corn bread or a tangy fruit cobbler.
- Katie was always artistic and creative and brought that essence into her home with her ability to create a warm and inviting atmosphere throughout her home. She converted that skill and passion into a career once she began a professional career as a certified interior designer in the 1980. She worked in top home furniture/design enters both in Conroe and Dallas Texas metro areas, often earning recognition as top designer/sales.
- Friends – Katie had many. She made friends easily, enjoyed people and was a very social soul. She was blessed to have made many friends through the years, and especially blessed with a group of very close friends she kept close throughout her entire life.
- Style – she had it in spades and loved quality fabrics, beautiful colors, tailored looks and good-looking shoes! She was an accomplished seamstress, and for years she made most of her clothes and those of her daughter when she was a child and young person.
- A game of Bridge or a round of Liverpool Rummy were passions and it was required that you bring your best game, otherwise you had no hope of winning! Katie was sharp, skilled and a fierce competitor. She was a member in several bridge clubs in Fannin Country through the decades.
- A devout Christian and member of the First Baptist Church of Savoy Texas. She dedicated part of most every day to reading the bible and to prayer, always finding comfort and joy in fellowship with her Lord.
So, without regrets and with a heart full of joy about her new adventure, Katie moved to her new address in heaven. She has looked forward to an in-person meeting with God and Jesus for a long time and was happy to receive her invitation. And she is well connected and acquainted with many already residing and rejoicing there. She will be greeted with open arms by her parents, Nila and Jack Richbourg, her older sister Betty Jean Miller and younger sister “Teenie”, (Ann Hasseltine Davenport), and brother, Jackie Thomas Richbourg. Katie is no doubt excited to see and embrace them again as it has quite a few years since they all were together. We imagine a big family dinner and lots of jokes and laughs happening. Jerry, the youngest brother is living in Athens, Texas and he may be tempted to join the reunion in his own good time (and God’s time of course!).
She is survived by her sons, Robert Paul Merworth, and Kevin Merworth and wife Julie; daughter, Kem Butler and husband Andrew; grandchildren, Emily Merworth, Sam Butler and wife Melissa, Megan Butler, Mande Tharp, Levi Merworth and wife Tara; brother, Jerry Richbourg and wife Judy; and four great grandchilden.
Katie’s family and friends are invited to come say hello, pay respects, share a memory, and greet Sophie (Katie’s treasured and spoiled rotten dog!). Visitation will be held Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Mullican Little Funeral Home 754 State Hwy 56 E. Bells, Texas 75414. Memorial service will be held on Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 2:00 PM at First Baptist Church, Savoy 207 S Ashford St, Savoy, Texas 75479.
Donations can be made to First Baptist Church, Savoy or to the charity of your choice.